Advanced Watertek is a growing company based in Dubai. We engineer and manufacture bespoke high quality and custom-built water treatment systems for clients across the globe, using the latest membrane technology. Today, we manufacture, install, commission and maintain systems in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Antipodes.
At any time of day or night, our systems are reliably operating on hundreds of ships and oil platforms at sea. In addition our systems are operating in NGO run humanitarian centres, on remote farms and homesteads and at the bustling heart of many modern cities in hospitals, hotels, airports and other facilities.
Advanced Watertek began its operations in Perth, Australia. In 1984, the company opened its office in Dubai in response to a general shortage of fresh water solutions in the Middle East. We now enjoy a global presence with additional offices in Muscat, Oman and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The Dubai office and workshop located in the Ras Al Khor Industrial area is the head office.
This is a small, well-run company with strong focus on QHSE, legal compliance, employee welfare and corporate governance. We therefore enjoy a good reputation within the industry and outside for our quality, integrity and customer focus. Especially relevant is it that in 2015, the Great Places to Work Institute ranked Advanced Watertek amongst the best SME’s to work for within the UAE.
Function & Scope
We are seeking a high calibre, energetic and capable Director (Head) of Sales to spearhead our ambitious and exciting growth plans. As a key member of the Watertek Senior Leadership Team (SLT) the Director (Head) of Sales will report to the Managing Director.
The key outcomes from the role will be to build, develop and lead a high performance Sales team to achieve the revenue and margin targets and as part of the leadership team for the business, contribute to strategy development.
The Principal responsibilities include
- Participate in the strategic planning process for Advanced Watertek.
- Develop and agree achievable annual revenue targets in line with strategic objectives.
- Lead and manage the sales team to win work and achieve the revenue and profit targets.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy and plan to achieve the short term and long term objectives.
- Implement sales and CRM systems and processes to meet the business requirements.
- Identify areas for changes and improvements within the business to improve sales.
- Implement client management strategies to gather market intelligence and maximize opportunities.
- Develop, implement and issue regular sales reports tracking the leading and lagging KPI’s to maximise sales potential.
- Ensure an effective sales forecasting system is in place in order to minimise the effects of peaks and troughs.
- Recruitment, training, development and motivation of a high performing Sales Team.
- To be successful in this role, you must have the technical qualification and aptitude to understand complex engineering solutions.
- A proven track record of successfully developing and managing high performance sales teams is mandatory. Collaborative leadership style – able to get the best out of others.
- Experience in water treatment environment is desirable and the incumbent must have at the very least, experience of selling complex engineering products or solutions. Should have a good all round exposure to sales in industry segments such as Oil and Gas, Marine, Infrastructure and Mining.
- Should have excellent analytical skills and a data driven management and decision making approach. Be able to analyse data, identify trends, opportunities, weaknesses and areas for improvements and develop actions to meet these challenges.
- Experience in contributing to the development of a business strategy, plans and converting it into tangible revenue.
- Should have an expert level understanding of the sales and CRM process.
In addition, the candidate must also be strong in
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and organisation
- Communication and influencing skills
- Relationship building and networking ability
- Concern for outcomes and results. Target driven
- Decisive. Problem solving and decision making ability
- Patient and tenacious
- Commercial acumen